She is designer and multidisciplinary creative with formation in art besides fashion.
Solidary Artist, seriously committed to sustainability, geared to change and inovate trough continuous search for original, ecological and alternative solutions.
It's been more than ten years since her creative proposals are presented in various parts of the world, they are widely recognized for pursuing sustainability in their creations and thus merge in a totally ecological way, architecture, art, culture, nature and music giving life to new worlds of materials, forms and concepts.
The fact of traveling around the world has further inspired her way of exploring new horizons and her purpose of contributing to a better world through her art.
Indefatigable and optimistic at the same time, she is a tireless and innovative artist, she lives in continuous creative process and sustain the importance of creating strategic alliances to generate powerful synergies that are economically productive and also focused to apport authentic values to the society.
Her pioneer contribution to fashion has been recognized in different fashion shows and exhibitions in Spain, Europe, Asia and America. • She has been the first spanish fashion designer to expose her work and give a speech at the UNO headquaerter in New York at the high level political forum about sustainable development. She is part of the de Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Madrid since el 2006.
Philosophy of Maria Lafuente:
For María Lafuente, art and culture are intense expressions of the soul, they connect people with their emotions and those of others, awaken and enrich the human spirit.
Her collections are distinguished by sustainably pursuing the fusion between architecture, art, innovation, poetry, nature and music, to claim a lifestyle committed to the necessary values to live in harmony with Mother Earth.
Each collection is born from a dialogue of the individual with the universal, expresses its passion and respect for life, combining what we do well with what we really litke to do and thus inspire to make small and wise decisions to create lasting changes.
Pioneer achievements of Maria Lafuente:
• The first carbon fiber dress in the world in collaboration with the DLUX company
• For the Madrid 2020 Olympic candidature, she designs and directs the execution of the uniforms of the first corporate identity for the Spanish Olympic . Committee, collaborating for the production with El Corte inglés.
• “Innovation Sport and Fashion, from the high competition to the street” is a project started in 2017 to create and innovative products with a high fashion component to be used by paralympic athletes
• With the Kapok collection, she combines fashion, technology, environmental sensitivity and gastronomy on the catwalk for the first time by applying "organic cane honey from Evida and Melosa Cyprus from Panama to carry out the architecture of the garments, as well as the accessories that are, all, originally eatable"
• With the spring summer 2009 collection, she makes TAU a crystal dress produced in collaboration with the Real Fábrica de Cristales de la Granja. All spheres are blown by hand one by one
• Protagonist of the Posidonia collection A/W 17/18 is the Neulaser (pneumatic), not only in accessories but also in clothing in synergy with Signus.
• Maria Lafuente has participated in the High Level Political Forum (FPAN) about sustainable development and exhibited her pieces at the headquarters of the United Nations in New York for working and producing in an ethical and sustainable way using different alternative materials and fabrics of the company Textil Santanderina, first textile company that has the PEFC certificate.
• In 2009 she creates the new corporate image for the 4500 employees of the Paradores de España to take a step to take another step towards modernization.
• The design and ingenuity of María Lafuente joins AEG's technological innovation and gives life to PetSilk, a highly sophisticated and sustainable 3D fabric, made from recycled PET bottles.
Some social synergies and recognitions:
• In New York at the International Forum of the highest level of the UN (FPAN) of 2017, she has been the first designer to speak and show her work with the first fashion collection made with sustainable fabrics certified by PEFC inside the Forrest for Fashion project.
• Member of the artistic committee of Mad Woman since 2016.
• Support International Women's Day, ADYMO, Oviedo, Spain 2015.
• Support campaign "Help Disabled Intellectual" for the Foundation Hogar Don Orione. Fashion Show MBFWMadrid.
• Madrid, Spain 2015. Support campaign “social values “ for the Foundation Woman`s Week. Fashion Show MBFWMadrid.
• Prenominated to the Oscars 2016 for the costumes direction of the movie Paranoid Girls by Director Pedro del Santo.
• Ambassador ONG Harem Alde help to african communities. Madrid, Spain 2014. • Support campaign against la female ablation for ArenHalde. Fashion Show MBFWMadrid, Madrid, Spain 2014.
• She designs T-shirt against Cancer. Foundation against Cancer. Valladolid, Spain 2014.
• Support campaign «back to school» for red cross Spain. Fashion Show MBFWMadrid, Madrid, Spain 2013.
• Support campaign “Now more than never“ for red cross Spain. Fashion Show MBFWMadrid, Madrid, Spain 2013.
• Silver medall of the red cross Spain 2013.
• Member of the jury committee Madrid Woman’s week since 2012.